Mechanic's Lien IC 32-28-3-1; IC 32-28-3-3; IC 36-2-7-10
The following are the requirements to file a Mechanic's Lien:
- Debtor (Grantor)
- "Mechanic" (Grantee)
- Legal Description of property worked on
- Specific address for mailings
- Signatures with names typed or printed below or next to each name
- Signatures acknowledger or notarized
- Prepared by Statement
- Social Security Redaction Statement
Please note: Redaction statement required if the document is notarized in Indiana.
The filer is to provide a self-address postage-paid envelope for the return of the original documents to the filer. Please note: the time frame to file a Mechanic's Lien is 60 days for a Residential Lien and 90 days for a Commercial Lien. Liens may be enforced by opening a case in the Hancock County Courts.