The County Auditor is a constitutional officer of the county. The Auditor is elected to a four-year term from the county at large, with prohibition against serving more than two consecutive terms. The main overall goal is to support and assist you in gaining access to the reporting of fiscal affairs of the Hancock County Government. To do this the Auditor and Staff perform many behind the scene tasks from keeping minutes of various Board meetings for which the Auditor serves as secretary and clerk, to the highly technical duties of financial statement preparation and compliance with federal tax guidelines and programs. The County Auditor's office has evolved dramatically from a bookkeeper, clerk, and secretary to a financial manager with responsibilities which impact the financial well-being of the County Government.
This Office is dedicated to Service, Integrity, and Transparency.
- I have refinanced my home, do I have to reapply for my property tax deductions?
- I have recently married and taken my spouses last name, do I need to reapply for my property tax deductions?
- Are there tax deductions for those over 65, Veterans or the disabled?
- Who do I contact if I changed my tax mailing address?
- Can I apply for deductions online?
Links & Resources
- State of Indiana Department of Revenue
- Indiana State Auditor Office - Departments, forms, publications, information, and contacts.
- Hancock County Sheriff Sale - The Hancock County Sheriff's sale includes property owned by Hancock County or sold under the authority of the courts or government agency. The property in the sale includes home foreclosures. For information on properties eligible for Sheriff's sale or foreclosure sale contact the Hancock County Sheriff Department at 317-477-1147 or visit their website.
- State of Indiana Department of Local Government Finance
- State of Indiana Board of Accounts
- Indiana Property Tax Calculator
Debra A. CarnesAuditorPhone: 317-477-1105Additional Phone: 317-477-1712 (Fax)
111 South American Legion Place
Greenfield, IN 46140
111 South American Legion Place Suite 217 Greenfield IN 46140
Phone: 317-477-1105Fax: 317-477-1712
Monday through Friday
8 am to 4 pm